The Friendswood Academy provided a four-year high school level instruction for a fee to students from Friendswood, League City, Pearland, and Webster between 1900 and 1928. The first class graduation occurred in 1907. The first published Academy catalog advertised the 1912-1913 school year. The catalog documented the Friendswood Academy’s current calendar, programs, faculty and students. Including advertising from businesses located in Alvin, Pearland, Webster, League City, Dickinson, and Houston financed printing the catalog. Built in 1901-1902, the academy building was located at the corner of Friendswood Drive and Spreading Oaks where the Friendswood Friends Church is located today. The local history book Friendswood: A Settlement of Friendly Folks by Joycina Day Baker, Sheridan Books, Inc. USA, 1994 includes additional information on the school, teachers, students, and community. Pages 19 and 20 show photos of the building and first faculty and students in 1902.